Thursday, June 25, 2009

rain rain go away!

Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo, yo.

How's everything? Holidays from uni? Still working? Surfing the internet with a cup of tea in your pyjamas?

Well as for Blondie J, she's probably on top of the world. After exams finished I had an amazing weekend! Extremely drunk with Jaydee and co on Thursday night, where the main outing was to a kebab shop for greasy goodness, drunk again with Jaydee Gray Holly and Dan at Slew to farewell Gray on Friday, and a quiet party and night in with Dan on Saturday. I didn't take any flips all weekend either which made me proud! Free/cheap drinks helped and so did my general happiness ♥

The best parts of the weekend were the chats with Jaydee and the part where Dan and I made "us" an official relationship (who cares if it was a drunken dancefloor decision, right? It still counts!).

The worst parts were probably work at 9 on both Friday and Saturday mornings, and having to get off the warm couch to pick up Dan's friend from Geometry on Saturday night. How good can a weekend get though? I'm not complaining. And I got to borrow sexy clothes each night and feel amazing!

Anyway, the party didn't stop as I left for a little island off the coast for four days on Monday. Now, I will admit that I was nervous. Dan and I were three days into being official and there were going to be a lot of bangin' women on this island. Would he change his mind as soon as he got there, or would he come hang out with me and generally be my boyfriend?


















Turned out it was the latter. My paranoia was unfounded yet again. I can't remember how many people (including good-looking girls) I was introduced to as "my girlfriend Blondie J". It was a wicked four days and I have to say my body is a little battered from vodka, big blunts, one Pink Playboy, nights sleeping on a blanket on the floor and trecking around a car-free island in the pouring rain. Tomorrow I have a placement at the GP all day? Nervous would be an understatement. Tasks I am expected to perform in ascending order of scariness:


1. Take histories
2. Examine cardiovascular, gastrointestinal and respiratory systems.
3. Watch a pap smear / digital rectal examination
4. Give an immunisations
5. Remove sutures
6. Perform a groin/inguinal hernia/digital rectal examination !!!!!!!!!!

I am going to distract myself from this crazy idea. As if I can do any of the last three things there. Let's just pretend I won't ever have to, okay?

Also here's an amazing tip that you should implement TONIGHT. Go and buy some sherbert cruisers. Drink them through straws (be friendly to those teeth!). They are the tastiest drinks in the world and a four year old would probably never notice the alcohol in them.

Alright well bed calls. I've been reading that book about Chris O'Brien, the Aussie surgeon who died of brain cancer. It's a beautiful book I think you should all read it!

Love love love xxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment