Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Fake Fur & Secret Admirers

Yeah, I'm procrastinating to avoid exam study.
Don't judge.
But seriously, Introduction to Regression just isn't looking too appealing, especially considering I did it all in high school.
So here comes the story of Saturday night!

Saturday
Where did I leave you after the story of Friday? Oh that's right, I'd just gotten off the train back from Nokle's house with McFly after he told me some things he probably didn't mean & went to meet The Girl.
Well, I went home, showered and ate and did other boring things you don't really care about.
The more interesting part comes at 5pm when Shark arrived at my house, arms full of dresses, pizza and makeup.
Clearly all very important items when preparing for a 21st.
The theme was ultra-formal so we got all glammed up, me in a backless champagne number, draped with a fur (fake, of course) which I'd picked up as a lark years ago. Our good friend Kate arrived at mine and we got the pre-party underway. Ok, it wasn't really a pre-party, unless you count sitting around in formal wear eating pizza & drinking Passiona as pres. Which I do not.
Just to make us feel even more like we were on our way to the befores for some boy's school's Year 12 Ball, Shark's mother offered to drive us to the party, which of course we accepted, considering it was a good half hour away. Only problem was, she wanted to leave as soon as possible (you know how early parents like to be at home & comfortable!).
So we arrived literally 5 minutes after it started.
Here's where I put an imaginary gun to my head and pull the imaginary trigger.
I really did not know enough people at Aleks Duke's 21st well enough to be there at 7:35. Oh well! Shark certainly had a good time, mingling away with all the uni kids she knew through doing plays last year with the uni Dramatic Society. Ugh.
Pity we were pretty over-dressed as well, at least the fur kept me warm!
Kate and I spent the better part of the first hour swapping stories about our love lives; me telling her about recent McFly developments and the ongoing search for the Secret Admirer, and her letting me in on the goss about her new boy Kamil (!!).
Thankfully there was a bar tab, so we got right into the red wine & champs.
I was really waiting for the Castle kids to get there though, so I was pretty happy when McFly, Charlie, Andy, Max Dunkeld and his girlfriend Lucy-Grace rocked up.
Highlights of the party:
  • Hilarious stories about the shady/drunken past of Aleks Duke
  • MORE teasing from Charlie about the identity of my secret admirer
  • Free wine
  • Talking Kate into taking her first ever drag of a cigarette (sorry baby! I usually hate smoking, I don't know what came over me)
  • Having Shark talk me into calling Dan, the guy I lost my virginity to while he had a fiancee (I DIDN'T KNOW) and was my boss. It was because she wanted him to hook us up with some pills. Apparently he is more likely to give them to me than her. Probably true, as he still wants to sleep with/date me. Ugh, horrible.
  • Shark managing to elbow my in the face during a rather unfortunate turn on the dancefloor; my nose & front teeth still hurt today :
  • Driving out & away in the direction of Slew with my favourite two Castle Kids, Charlie and McFly.

Slew was pretty average this night. It may have been because it was a Saturday, and Slew is NEVER as good on Saturdays as on Fridays. Fridays = indie kids dedicated to the scene; Saturdays = electro/miscellaneous characters who come because there's a connecting door open on Saturdays between Slew and Washington, a mainstream electro lobbers' heaven right next door. It also may have been because I was utterly and completely sober by the time we got to Slew, while pretty much everyone else was on something (as per usual).

The only real news to report here is the identity of My Secret Admirer.
Charlie finally caved and told McFly who confirmed that it was who I thought it was: Sam.

When asked what I thought about this, I was kind of lost for an answer. Sam is lovely and cute and totally my type, but I'm not sure if I like him enough to lead him down the garden path, or so to speak.
It doesn't help that
McFly is trying harder than ever to ensure my allegiance now he well and truly knows about my yen for him. He's been messaging me about random things/to hang out all week (something he never did before)! The thing about McFly is that no matter how much I tell myself he's an asshole who only wants me to like him because of some deep-seated insecurity, he remains the most attractive man I have ever met in my life. And I feel so comfortable and right with him!
However, I have decided that maybe it's time to turn over a new leaf. Things with McFly will never be any better than they are now, and they're pretty shit at the moment. Let's just see how this Sam thing pans out, maybe if Charlie's right about him liking me we could have something fun :)

Your flattered & somewhat excited blogger, Gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment