Thursday, June 18, 2009

If Procrastination Were an Olympic Sport, I Wouldn't Beat Blondie J, but I'd Come Pretty Close

A few quick things I wanted to discuss before I do some proper weekend posting:

  1. Never study Advaita Vedantan metaphysics, they will drive you CRAZY (I have 2 exams left now qiuhasdkgfna).

  2. I have recently become addicted to brewing tea in a teapot, with real tea leaves. I always used to drink tea from teabags, but for exams I wanted some kind of tea that I could drink cups & cups of without stuffing myself full of milk and sugar. So I turned to Oolong. Probably the best descision of my life.
    It's full of antioxidants and certain girly magazines I like laughing at with Blondie claim that it "increases your metabolism by 7% for an hour after you drink it". Who do you reckon funded that little objective gem? Regardless of the truth of the metabolism claim, it gets me all hopped up on caffeine & I usually spend the next half hour all jittery and spouting such pearls of wisdom as "I NEED TO GET THESE NOTES WRITTEN BY 11 OR I WILL DEFINITELY FAIL MY EXAM AND IT WILL BE ALL YOUR FAULT", (yes, I am a lightweight when it comes to caffeine, I never drink coffee).
    Here is Gray's method of brewing exam-worthy oolong:
    a) Buy extremely cheap tea leaves from local Asian deli
    b) Put 2 teaspoons of tea into a 3-cup pot
    c) Put 3 cups worth of boiling water into said pot
    d) Brew for a good 10 minutes
    e) Have one cup after another over the course of an hour, probably having to heat the 3rd one in the microwave
    f) Repeat the process with the same tea leaves at least 3 times (the brewing gets better!)
    Note: I am a fan of strong tea, but it probably wont make you act like you've drunk 4 cans of red bull, unlike me, so don't worry about adjusting the recipe or anything.

  3. Do you think that we're going to see a lot more haircuts like La Roux now that they're getting pretty famous? I'm totally holding out for it. I predict that in a month Slew will be full of them. I am a teeny tiny bit in love with her, their music is a bit poppier than I usually like, but it's just SO goddamn catchy. I have Blondie to thank for introducing me to their song Bulletproof and getting me hooked, although I already knew half the words to In For the Kill thanks to hearing it in the background of my day on Triple J about a million times.
  4. A little bit of advice for you all, never start a blog right before exams because you will either a) Spend all of your time writing posts but not publishing them because you only ever get halfway through writing them before you feel too guilty about not studying; or b) Not write any posts at all because you are so dedicated to study and then feel guilty about not living up to your blogging duties. Or really, you could be a normal person and not even think about it, but HEY who's normal here?
  5. Never leave any important notes on tabletops if you have cats. They will sit on them and crumple them. This happened to me every year in highschool, causing me to front up to maths exams with a paw print-covered sheet of formulas, and I still haven't learnt. Yes, my cat is currently sitting on top of some notes in front of my laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment